Iglesia de San Pablo
The parish church of San Pablo (or St. Paul) is on the street of the same name, one of the main arteries of the historical centre of Baeza. The temple dates from the end of the 15th century, when the city’s period of splendour began, which led to growth in the number of religious buildings. It is a Gothic construction to which chapels were added. Above the door is a relief with the image of the saint who gives him his name. Inside, there are three naves with pointed arches, some Gothic chapels with ribbed vaults, and other Renaissance ones. Other interesting pieces of gold and silverware, sculptures and paintings, such as the Flemish triptych of the Adoration of the Magi, by an anonymous author, also stand out. Its original archive contains baptism documents dated from 1494 before the Council of Trent standardised the use of the archives. Today, the Church of St. Paul is still operational for religious worship.