Former Colegio de Santiago de Compañía de Jesús
The Jesuits settled in Baeza in the last third of the 16th century and founded this College of Santiago. The Jesuit Juan Bautista Villalpando planned a remodelling and extension project that was never actually brought to fruition. It was, however, used as a Jesuit convent until their expulsion in 1767. Today, some of the doorways overlooking Calle Compañía, consisting of three large, moulded arches, have been preserved. The most remarkable feature of the interior is the courtyard, composed of several semi-circular arcades. After the Jesuits departed in the 18th century, the building was used as a stud farm for horses. The bibliographic collections he kept ended up at the University of Baeza. Today, one part of this former school is used as private housing and another as municipal offices.