Church and former Hospital de la Concepción
This site served as a hospital for non-infectious diseases from 1529 to 1940, when it became a minor college of the Carmelites. Today only the church of the Purísima Concepción remains, as the rest was rebuilt to make a hotel. The religious temple corresponds to an extension made in the 17th century, on orders of Cardinal Moscoso. The doorway emulates that of San Francisco, very close by, and consists of a semicircular arch flanked by two Corinthian columns. The relief of the Immaculate Conception shows the Virgin surrounded by symbols of the litany. The interior of the building had a single nave and was covered by a half-barrel vault and a half-orange dome, but in the 20th century, the other body was added, turning the floor plan into an L-shape.